We live to serve! Does your non-profit have an upcoming event that benefits the general public of the Tri-Cities area? We would love to partner with you by providing a PSA. Ideally your announcement will air for 2 weeks to a month prior to the event, so submitting your request as early as possible will help to ensure your announcement will get on the air. It will take a minimum of 3 weeks to produce and process your spot.
Public Service Announcements must meet the following criteria:
1. Announcements are only accepted from charitable, non-profit organizations.
2. Content should be of direct relevance to listeners in KBLD’s broadcast area.
3. Announcements promoting the purchase of tickets to an event must come from organizations duly qualified to fundraise for the non-profit organization.
4. Announcements for fund-raisers at commercial establishments will not be accepted, even if a portion of the funds are donated to charity.
5. Announcements from churches or for church-sponsored organizations or events should promote the well-being of the entire community and be open to the general public.
6. In order to confirm your non-profit status, we will ask you for your agency’s tax-exempt identification number or a copy of your 501(c)3 documentation, before we agree to run your announcement.
Writing a Good PSA:
- Keep it Short! 30 – 60 seconds (about 60-100 words).
- Provide pronunciation (pro-NUN-see-A-shun =) of difficult words and names. Field-specific, foreign, or technical words can be difficult to figure out on the fly.
- Include Contact Information and necessary dates and times.